Thursday, December 3, 2009

ILCP Speak: Voices Behind the Camera


"I’m very interested in raising awareness and trying to create a different ethic and trying to change peoples behaviors and trying to do so through the use of images. I believe that people are both inspired into action and emotionally compelled to care for nature when they see beautiful images, and I also think the public needs to see some of the devastation that is happening around the world. Not just the pretty parts, but also try to show some of the tragic loss around our planet of biodiversity and indigenous knowledge, and try to do so in some of the most compelling and beautiful ways that we can." Christina Mittermeir


"What I tend to do is to try and capture an image that gives you the complete atmosphere so it actually tells the whole story; it’s not just a quick portrait of the animal. It’s pretty much creating what I’m feeling out there more than what I’m seeing. And by doing that I’m hoping that I’m going to make people care, because I think ultimately if we don’t get people to care and have any emotion about what they’re seeing, why would they want to be part of the wilderness? Only by being part of the wilderness would you want to care about the environment and take responsibility. And that’s really what I try to do with all the photographs that I do take." Beverly Joubert

-Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment